Wednesday 21 March 2012

Then I had a beading frenzy and made many different necklaces. Some which I liked and some which made me have a  "what was I thinking" moments later.







Then I discovered chains and I got addicted to making necklaces and bracelets with them.



Then I got introduced to the wonderful world of wire jewellery. While everyone seemed to have a signature style, my style seemed to be just jumping from one thing to another. Each time I discovered a new technique I was hooked for days.

But in between I always made something with different colours and shapes. I bought semiprecious gemstones from different sources. I liked them all green aventurine, moonstone, jade, agate. But my alltime favourite is carnelian. I like its earthy colour and also that it is a calming stone.
I read about Mookaite which is found only in the Mooka region of Western Australia. So I made a necklace with mookaite nugget beads "proudly West Australian".
I loved the seed beads but I found it so hard to work with them realising that my eye sight is not that good. But I made a couple of multi-stranded necklaces. It was a struggle just to get the needle threaded.

No comments:

Post a Comment